Covid - 19 Update
As a locally owned bank, we take great pride in the communities in which we live, work, and serve, and our actions have always been guided by a commitment to our customers and the excellence of our people who serve them. Helping friends is our business.
Andrew Johnson Bank is ready and excited to welcome our friends back into our lobbies as we continue to assist with your financial needs.
If you have a fever, and/or have recently been exposed to someone with COVID-19, we ask that you do not come into the bank. Instead, please use one of our drive-thrus, our online banking platform, or our 24-Hour Telephone Banking.
We encourage our customers to wear a mask upon entering our branches. While in the branch, an employee will greet you, and ask that you remove your mask briefly for video identification purposes. This security measure is important, protecting all customers and staff, and we kindly ask that everyone comply, even if you are familiar with our staff, and they are familiar with you.
We are taking extra precautions to provide a safe banking atmosphere for our clients and employees. Some of the extra measures we’ve put in place include:
- Counter Shields at all teller windows and CSR desks to guard against the spread of germs.
Floor Markers have been strategically placed in the branches to create social distancing marks 6 feet apart.
While we love seeing customers, we request only those with necessary transactions come indoors.
Branch Sanitation has been an emphasis since the beginning of COVID-19. Additional cleaning measures have been put in place. We have temporarily closed our restrooms to the public.
- Lobby Management is conducted to encourage the use of the floor markers and social distancing measures we have put in place.
- Retail Staff are wearing masks for your protection.
We continue to encourage our customers to use the following other convenient ways to bank with Andrew Johnson Bank.
We recommend those practicing social distancing, which is still encouraged by the CDC, to become acquainted with our online banking and our mobile banking. If you haven't enrolled in online access, it only takes a few minutes.
- Check account balances.
- Transfer funds to other accounts and make your
- Andrew Johnson Bank loan payments.
- Sign up for E-Statements.
- Pay bills easily or make person-to-person payments with Online Bill Bay.
- Elect to receive banking notifications.
- Check account balances and view account history.
- Deposit checks by taking a picture with your phone (with Bank Approval - call (423) 783-1000 for more information).
- Transfer funds to other accounts and make your Andrew Johnson Bank loan payments.
- Manage your Debit Card - temporarily freeze, or set geographical limits.
With your smartphone, you can add Andrew Johnson Bank's debit card(s) to your digital wallet. This is available for Apple, Samsung, and Android Pay.
Andrew Johnson Bank provides ATMs at all 8 Andrew Johnson Bank branch locations. In addition, we also waive 4 "other bank" ATM fees per statement cycle.
Find an ATM
Additional Electronic Resources
24-Hour Telephone Banking
Additional Retail Phone Support
With a phone call between the hours of 8:30 and 5:00, you will reach a “live” team member who would be happy to show you our signature hospitality and provide additional assistance.
Visit our Education Center to learn more about banking on our online format.
Lending Related Matters
As we all try to navigate the COVID-19 pandemic, we want to make sure you know that we will be here to help with the related financial challenges. We realize that many of you may be negatively impacted by job losses and business closures resulting in a significant drop in your income. Additionally, you may be a business owner yourself who has experienced a decrease in revenue related to the pandemic. In either case, you may find that it is difficult to make your payments or service the full amount of your debt with us during this time.
If your income source is negatively impacted due to COVID-19, please contact your loan officer to find out how we can help. We have several options to reduce, or even delay your monthly payments until we all get through this crisis. Please contact us before your loans become past due and let us assist you now.
Small Business Clients
Deposit Related Matters
If you have been financially impacted by COVID-19 and need access to funds, we will allow one partial or complete withdrawal without penalty for your Certificate of Deposit(s). The penalty-free withdrawal must be made more than seven days after the issue date or the most recent renewal date (whichever is later). Any other withdrawals will be subject to penalties.
We encourage everyone to take the following steps to avoid falling victim to a scam:
- Don’t click on links from sources you don’t know in general, and specifically pay particular attention right now to any emails regarding the coronavirus.
- Don’t rely on emails claiming to include up-to-date information on the outbreak. Instead, visit Centers for Disease
Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO) directly.
- Do your homework when it comes to donations.
- Ignore online offers for vaccinations.
- Be alert to “investment opportunities”.
- And as always, contact your banker if you have questions, never rush into a decision!
The safety and health of our employees and customers are of extreme importance. We will continue to monitor the latest information available and provide further updates as necessary.
While the COVID -19 virus brings unexpected challenges, we stand united as we work together to overcome those challenges. We value you as a customer and friend, and are here to help.